supersonic debbie

supersonic debbie

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Poem: Heart in the Garbage

I Like Her Too Much. Even the AWKWARD moments are GOLDEN. I should have called it off sooner and gained some sleep. But she's a gentleman. And I'm wild. Now it's past. Roll over on the bed. I know you are unhappy too. I hurt to think I've hurt you. All is said and done. I hurt to think I've hurt you. I won't message you tomorrow. Or Sunday. The Venice streets will cure my blues. Asprin will cure this headache. Books can take away my boredom. I cannot stand this ache to forget your name. Why keep secret when you can tell someone? Something? Everyone? Everything? Maybe staying at home was a wretched idea. Dim the lights and break out the good cogniac. Play with the lighter. Drink black coffee in the morning; eat nothing. Listen to music that reminds me of her blessed way. Smoke. Die, whatever. It's totally lonely in this place. That's Why Poetry!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I didn't break up with my girlfriend or anything. I wanted to post something good, one of my favorite poems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But of all these friends and lovers
    There is no one compares with you
    And these memories lose their meaning
    When I think of love as something new

    Though I know I'll never lose affection
    For people and things that went before
    I know I'll often stop and think about them
    In my life I love you more

    ReplyDelete